All health care professionals involved in treating diabetes in a camp setting including physicians, physician assistants, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, and other health care professionals.
Upon completion of this self-assessment program participants should be able to:
- List the factors that influence the blood glucose level of a youth with type 1 diabetes.
- Identify common circumstances that can occur at a camp for children with diabetes.
- Develop a plan for the management of a youth with type 1 diabetes in regards to insulin dose and treatment of high and low blood glucose levels.
- Discuss the problems and limitations that one may encounter in regards to the technical devices that persons with type 1 diabetes uses.
- Explain the physiologic processes that are encountered in a person with diabetes.