All members of the interprofessional diabetes management care team. The team includes, but is not limited to, physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, dietitians, pharmacists, and other health care professionals.
At the end of this activity, the attendees should be able to:
- Describe the indications for metabolic surgery in people with obesity and type 2 diabetes
- Explore the different types of metabolic surgery
- Compare outcomes associated with different types of metabolic surgery
- Review how to select the best candidates for metabolic surgery
- Discuss the long-term care needs for patients after metabolic surgery