This activity is intended for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, certified diabetes educators and other interprofessional health care professionals.
At the end of this activity, the attendees should be able to:
- List various methods for measuring plasma glucose and other factors to consider for optimizing patient outcomes
- Identify the methodology and potential sources of interference in point-of-care (POC) A1C use
- Discuss the evidence that supports the accuracy, precision, and continued use of POC A1C instruments in clinical practice
- Elaborate on the cost-benefit analysis of using POC A1C
- Interpret and assess the impact of POC A1C use on patient outcomes